Our church has its own preschool. Thankfully there was one spot open in the 3-year old class for Karis. We signed her up for two days a week. They take kids as young as 6 months old and I won't pretend that I didn't think about sending all three kids!
The day before Karis was to go to preschool, we went to visit the school to see if we could meet her teacher and see her classroom. Karis did great at her other school, but I wasn't sure if the move and all the changes was going to throw her off. We made a brief visit (the teachers were not there) and the next day we headed to preschool. She seemed a little apprehensive in the parking lot but when I asked her if she was ready, she said she was.
On her first day, the kids were getting ready for their Christmas program which they had been practicing for a couple of weeks. The teacher said she jumped right in and participated in the songs. She had a great time and couldn't wait to go back.
Her program runs until 2 pm, so she takes a packed lunch. After lunch, they have a 45 minute rest period. I pick Karis up before that starts at 1:15 pm so that I can get both girls down for a nap before 2 pm. The preschool is inside our church, so we get to see Daddy when Karis is done with school. What's also great about that is that if I'm running late, Derek can walk down the hall and pick her up.
So our church, Daddy's office and preschool are all in the same building. On a completely different note, today Makena was showing me how she can hop on one foot. I applauded her and told her she should be in gymnastics. I asked her if she wanted to take gymnastics and she replied, "Yeah! At church?" After all, everything else seems to be there!
No comments:
Post a Comment