Tuesday, December 25

Merry Christmas!

Last night, we went to our Christmas Eve service at church. We almost didn't make it as I threw out my back first thing in the morning. It was minor compared to the other two times I threw out my back, but it was enough to keep me in bed all day. By late afternoon, I managed to get myself ready and we all headed out to church where we enjoyed a candlelight family service with Christmas songs and a story for the kids. 
 

This was the first year Derek wasn't working during the service and was able to sit with us and come home with us. We loved it! After service, we ran into some friends in the parking lot and decided to go out for dinner. We came home, put Kyle to bed and then the girls opened one gift.


During the night, we had a big thunderstorm with lots of lightning and thunder that shook the house. Karis and Kyle slept through it but Makena woke up scared and crawled into bed with us. Kyle thankfully slept through the night, but he may have had some sort of stomach bug. After I fed him at 5 am, he projectile vomited on me. Awesome. He didn't seem unhappy but he stayed up for an hour to play. 

We all slept in until about 8:30 am. After some chocolate chip pancakes and coffee (for Mom and Dad), we were finally ready to open presents. 




  


  

Thank you family for all the great gifts you sent! 

While we were enjoying all the new toys, we looked outside to see snow falling. Derek quickly dressed the girls and they had fun playing in the snow, trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues. After one photo, Kyle and I stayed inside where it was warm. 



  

No comments: