Monday, January 17

Turning Another Corner

It seems as if things have been more enjoyable and a lot easier the last couple weeks.  I feel like I turned another corner.  The first corner was when Makena was 4-months old.  I was no longer in "survival-mode."  I finally felt like I had a routine and figured out how to juggle two kids.  At 6-months, Makena started sleeping 12 hours at night, so of course some good sleep made a huge difference in my days.  But their schedules were still demanding and it had me running around throughout the day.  From that point until now, I feel like time FLEW by.  I can't believe Makena will be turning one in two months.  Yikes!

Makena can now stay awake longer and her spitting up is finally under control.  More importantly, they both usually take two hour naps at about the same time in the afternoon.  Things are still busy, but at the end of my days, I'm more often than not, reveling at how much fun it was spending time with my girls, instead of being exhausted and so ready for bed.

Derek and I are enjoying this "breather."  It has been pretty intense the last few months to say the least.  Another big change is around the corner as my last day of working part-time will be February 4.  I will be a full-time mom!  I haven't yet decided if things will be easier or harder!  I know it will take some time to adjust to having more time and spending every day at home with the kids.  I have a few things planned that will probably fill up my week pretty quickly.  I'm also hoping to do some freelance work and to get back into baking.

Here are a couple pics of my crazy kids who keep me laughing and feeling so blessed.



No comments: