I took the kids to the petting zoo today. On the drive home, I was trying to keep Karis awake by touching her leg, asking her questions, etc. She barely talked to me because she was so tired (she went to bed really late last night). Well, she did perk up when I asked her if she wanted cookies when we got home. She said she wanted five but we discussed it for a little bit and decided on three.
Anyways, I kept looking back at her so I could snatch Fluffy out of her hand if I saw her eyes drooping (from past experience, if she falls asleep in the car for even a few minutes, she won't take a nap... and today she REALLY needed a nap). It was quiet again, so I looked back one more time and saw this:
Karis was holding Makena's hand as she slept. It melted my heart and I smiled the rest of the way home... until we pulled into our neighborhood. Karis got excited and yelled "home!" which woke up Makena who cried the rest of the way. I guess that's what you call short and sweet.
1 comment:
So cute! Ha...I love how quickly those moments come crashing back to reality!!! You're an awesome mom Lena.
Post a Comment