Saturday, January 1

Staycation Day 5 (Last Day!)

We didn't do much for Day 5.  In the morning, I took Karis with me to run a few errands.  Derek stayed home with Makena.  It was an uneventful day, especially for being New Years Eve!  But, that's the way we wanted it.  Vacations, even staycations, can be a lot of work, so we didn't want to squeeze in another activity.  It's always a little tricky going out with two little ones who take naps.  There's only a short window when both are happy and awake.  I'm a big protector of their naps and they only miss it if I deem it "worth it."  My kids are easy going kids but if they miss their naps, they are quite crazy and cranky and we pay for it later in the day!

I loved having lots of family time this week.  It's been fun just lounging around the house and playing with the kids.  I think Karis really enjoyed having both parents around.  She definitely took advantage of it -- when Derek reprimanded her, she would come to me and say, "Mama, hold." Or, if the answer from Derek was a "no" she would come and ask me, and vice versa.

Aside from the family time, I really enjoyed having a little extra help around the house.  I napped more and made dinner less this week and it was great!

I am thankful for my family.  I just can't spend enough time with them!

I don't have any photos for this day, but I'll post a quick little video of Makena.  I love it because it shows you all kinds of things she's been doing lately:  1) sticking her tongue out 2) standing and bouncing up and down 3) "talking" and 4) turning from being happy to upset in two seconds.

No comments: