Sunday, December 8

Kyle as you turn 19 months old

 

To my sweet boy. I can't believe you are 19 months old. I get a little sad when I stand back and see how big you are. I can't imagine our family without you. You make us laugh and you melt our hearts. You love to be held, to hug and to give kisses.

Now that you're older, it's fun to see you playing alongside your sisters. They like to play with you and teach you new words. Your sweet moments with your sisters are often short-lived as it usually ends with you grabbing something from them or bopping them on the head.



You get time-outs for hitting. You willingly go to the stairs and sit and pout -- you learned that from watching your sisters. You also like to hang out with your sisters while they are in time-out. I guess you know that they're always happy to see you when they're in time-out.


You are shy around other people. You only like and trust a select few. For everyone else, they just get a high-five -- you give those out like candy! You know about 10-20 words but will rarely speak to others outside the house. You are like Karis when she was about 18 months. She also used a lot more sounds than words to communicate. 

For a shy little guy, you can be quite loud at home. You yell a lot to try to get your way -- usually more food or food faster. You are a great eater who always wants to eat. As a third child, you've definitely gotten more treats than your sisters did when they were  younger, but thankfully you still love your veggies.  Sometimes you eat just as much as your sisters!


Even though you are always anxious to eat, you'll stop to pray with the family.


You have been quite clingy lately. You just love to be with your momma! However, you love going to preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Your teachers always tell me that you had a great day and that you are the sweetest boy.

Mommy and Daddy are impressed with  your fine motor skills. You can string beads onto wire, do puzzles and stack lots of blocks. You love to play with trains and cars and even with your sisters' dolls.

I can't wait to see how you continue to grow and develop. I know you're intently watching how others behave around you. I continue to pray the same prayer that I've prayed since you were born -- that you would be a fearless leader among many. May your fearlessness come from knowing who God is and what he has called you to do.

We love you Kyle!

No comments: