Monday, December 23

A Visit With Santa

We didn't really talk about Santa in our home last year. Karis caught on to who he is and what he does through preschool and TV. I kinda blew it by not getting her a gift from Santa. This year, we embraced Santa. We didn't really make a big deal of it, but we talked about it whenever the girls asked. 

The girls really wanted to talk to Santa to tell him what they wanted. We went to The Bass Pro Shop that had a Santa Wonderland with free pictures and lots of activities to keep the kids busy during the wait. The girls got dressed up and we arrived late morning only to find out that we couldn't see him until 2:30 pm. We took a ticket that reserved our spot for later in the afternoon. We went home a little disappointed but came back right before we headed to Derek's staff Christmas party. 

Karis told Santa that she wanted Barbie dolls and Makena asked for a sparkly tray (a laptop tray that she draws on). 


When I handed Kyle to Santa, I told Santa to hold him tight. I knew Kyle wasn't going to want anything to do with him. He was sick and not feeling well.


After we took the photos, they told us that they accidentally deleted the photo of Kyle with Santa. We had to put him back on Santa's lap for another photo. Poor thing -- I felt so bad. 

No comments: