Tuesday, December 10

Karis Turns 5

I so vividly remember this day five years ago. I can't believe this is Karis' fifth birthday!

She started this morning off with some chocolate chip pancakes. She quickly ate them and begged to open a gift. 



She was excited to spend the day at school with her teachers and friends. After school, we had a party for her at The Ark. All of her friends and a few more joined us!




This is the cake Karis and I designed together. She wanted two tiers, purple and pink, a simple row of flowers with a fairy on top.


 




After cake, she opened her gifts and played with her friends.



After all that, I cleaned up and Kyle was still in his seat with a plate of Chex Mix that he helped himself to. My little eater...


Karis opened more gifts when we got home, and she had one of her Sunday School teachers drop by to wish her a happy birthday. 

Earlier in the week, I let Karis choose her birthday dinner. She chose corn dogs. It's something she ate once and liked. I told her we don't eat them because they're not healthy. It made her feel all the more special that she got to eat them for her birthday. At the grocery store, she also got to pick her dessert. 


She had a great day and it made me so happy to see her smiling all day long. Makena was a good sport all day as Karis got all the attention and lots of gifts. She wants her birthday party now and has told me what she would like for it. I guess we're starting to plan her birthday...

No comments: