The night before he left, we met with our small group. We are going through a parenting book and it challenged us to divert daily with our kids -- do something different. Don't get stuck in the routine and the to-do's. Parenting is a relationship. I felt convicted about how I've been spending my time lately.
So going into this weekend, I decided I wouldn't worry about cleaning or tidying the house and making dinner. I would just spend some quality time with the kids. In turn, I've had a lot more energy than I usually do and the kids have been great. Some of the things we've done include washing the van, painting toe nails, reading books and going to the park.
I can't avoid the household chores forever (I've already had to lower my cleanliness standards and it wasn't super high to begin with!) and I can't pop a frozen pizza in the oven every night. But it's been great for this weekend and I now realize how much of my energy is spent on chores. I'd much rather spend that energy on my kids and moving forward, I'm going to try!
Here are some pics of the park we went to today.
1 comment:
Awww, so cute! Wish I was there, looks like fun!! Miss you guys!!
Post a Comment