At the end of July, our church had a summer BBQ/pool party at a lagoon in Irvine. Over 200 people came to eat dinner, watch baptisms, and hang out. It was a fun evening with our church family and the girls had a great time playing in the lagoon (which had sand and a water slide) and making s'mores.
Derek had the privilege of baptizing people. I especially loved watching the kids get baptized and can't wait for the day Derek baptizes our kids.
When it was dark, we packed up and I took the kids home. Karis asked why Daddy wasn't coming home with us. I told her that he had to stay to clean up. She asked why (as she always does) and I said it was because it's part of his job. She responded in a "Mommy-you're-so-silly" kind of voice, "Mommy, Daddy doesn't work at a pool. He works at church!" Silly 3-year old!



No comments:
Post a Comment