Saturday, August 18

Girls Day!

Last weekend, I took the girls to the OC Fair for some girl time while Daddy and Kyle stayed home.  We went when it first opened to try to beat the crowds and the heat.


Makena was just shy of 36"H so she couldn't ride any of the rides.  She did however get on one ride at the beginning (the guy didn't check her height).  We all rode on a little roller coaster together.  It was her first ride and she LOVED it!  It made me that much more sad when we went to the kiddie section and everyone tested her height.  She was about one finger's width shy of 36".

So Karis rode a few rides by herself.  She would have rode them all day if I let her.


Makena just looked on and tried to stay cool in the stroller.  Thankfully, she was a good sport about it.



After the rides, we spent some time at the petting zoo.  I think the girls enjoyed this zoo better than the one we usually visit because all the animals were behind a gate.





It was a hot day!   We had a snack, bought a slushy and then went home in time for naps.


I think the girls' favorite part was the free shuttle ride to and from the Fair.  They loved being in a moving vehicle outside of their car seats.  We should have stayed cool and saved some money by riding the bus all day!  =)

 

No comments: