Sunday, June 3

Life With Kyle


Kyle has been a pretty easy baby so far, sleeping and eating well.  He seldom cries, mainly just when his diaper is being changed.  The first week, Kyle nursed every two hours around the clock.  Then he started feeding every three hours during the day and four hours at night. That was great!  But the last couple days, he's been nursing every two hours during the day and every three hours at night.  Not so great.  Perhaps it's a growth spurt and he'll go back to feeding every three/four hours (fingers-crossed!).  He has definitely chunked up the past few days.  He's noticeably heavier, his legs are filling out and he has now acquired a second chin.  


Derek took two weeks off from work and Grandma was here for just over a week during that time.  I was a little nervous when Derek went back to work and when Grandma left, but so far it hasn't been bad at all.  The first day by myself, I actually did two loads of laundry and bathed all the kids.  Not bad.  I even braved Costco with all three of them.  It has definitely helped that we are receiving meals three times a week for a total of six weeks.  That's one less thing off my plate and I can spend that time playing with the girls and giving them some much needed Mommy-time.  


The first couple weeks Karis and Makena were much more needy and whiney.  I did what I could to spend time with them, but I could only give them so much.  I'm thankful that they don't blame Kyle for the reduced amount of Mommy-time they are receiving.  They are loving their little brother, always wanting to see him and hold him. Makena especially is always hanging around me when I'm nursing him.  She likes to help me burp him, cover him with a blanket and let me know whether "Baby wake!" or "Baby nigh-nigh" depending on if his eyes are open or close.  


We've had a lot of visitors who have come to see Kyle.  A few have come bearing gifts for the girls which I love.  They make the girls feel special too.   
Karis and one of the (very large ) gifts she received.
We started going to church last week and we went again this week.  It's a little more challenging getting all four ready, but in some ways it's easier than staying home!  People at church are surprised to see us at church already.  Today, one lady told me that I'm the most calm mother she knows.  A friend also told me that I look tired but not frazzled (yet).  I definitely notice a difference in myself this time around.  Yes, three kids is more work, but I'm just trying go with the flow and get what I can done.  This morning as I was getting ready to get the girls in the car to go to church, Kyle woke up hungry.  Instead of stressing that we were going to be late, sweating, and yelling at the kids to go faster, I just decided to let Kyle have his fill and we'll get get there when we get there.  That's huge for me since I hate being late, and I'm always try to do everything.  


I know the days will be more challenging as Kyle gets older, is awake more during the day and especially when he becomes mobile.  But so far, it's been good and I'm enjoying my family five!!

No comments: