The beloved Speckles and his family returned to our house!
Each student gets a turn to take home a tote bag with Speckles, Lovie and Lilypad along with a few books and the journal. The assignment is to write down how you spent your time with Speckles and his family. Makena was the first student to bring home the journal. To our surprise, the first example page was Karis' page from last year. Karis was quite tickled to say the least!
Makena open the journal and started to write "I love Lovie" across the page (with no regards to the lines!). I asked her if she knew what the assignment was and she had no idea. We talked about the assignment and she decided she wanted to swing with the froggies.
"I love swinging with Speckles and his family. I had a sleepover with them."
Both girls' pages side by side.
Her favorite was Lovie. She slept with just her that night. She was very sad to give her back the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment