The kids had a four day weekend with conference day on Friday and Columbus Day on Monday. We didn't do much over the weekend, so on Monday I wanted to do something fun with the kids even though Daddy had to work. Someone gave me free tickets to the Arboretum, so I decided to take the kids there. It ended up not being the best experience with the traffic, heat and crowds, but I won't go into those details.
The Arboretum was beautifully decorated -- every path was lined with pumpkins and there were collections of unique pumpkins and gourds all throughout.
The kids were pretty much just set out on getting their pumpkins and didn't care much for all the beauty that surrounded them. Lesson learned: just go to the local pumpkin patch next year!
After a picnic lunch, everyone was in a better mood and we set out to find the perfect pumpkin.
Karis took the longest to find the perfect pumpkin. She's very particular! You would think with 10,000 pumpkins within reach, it would have been an easy task.
Even Kyle was indecisive and had to eenie-meenie-miney-moe to decide which one to pick.
But in the end, everyone found the perfect one!
And I got a picture with all three!
On the way out, we stopped at a fountain to make a wish. Karis explained to Kyle how it worked and the girls gave him some wishing options.
They put a lot of thought into their wish. Kyle wished for more cars, Makena wished for another dog (not happening!) and Karis wouldn't tell me her wish lest it not come true.
I wanted one last picture of the kids even though they were all sweaty. Kyle is still trying to learn how to smile for the camera. I wanted a real smile so I asked who wanted ice cream thinking they would all smile naturally. Instead, I got this...
Eh well... good enough! We couldn't find ice cream at the Arboretum so we stopped to get some on the way home. When we got home, Makena asked me, "Is there a pumpkin patch closer to home?" We probably won't drive into Dallas for pumpkins anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment