It's been fun to watch Kyle develop friendships at church and at school. I still remember Makena's first friend around this age when we moved to Texas. Kyle still plays on his own a lot in a group setting, but he has some sweet friends. His best little buddy is Joey. Joey goes to the same church and preschool. They live right down the street from us, his mom is in my women's group and Joey's big brother is in Kindergarten with Makena. Our family joined their small group for the summer so the kids all love going to Joey's house Sunday evenings to play. Kyle finally has a place to go with lots of boys toys!
Kyle used to ask me almost every day if we could go play at Joey's house. I explained to him that we don't just go to people's houses but we wait to be invited. Soon after, he would ask, "Did Joey invite me today?" I would then respond, "No, not today." He leaves it at that and then asks again the next day. My sweet boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment