He turned three the same day Makena graduated from PreK. Be still my momma's heart! I have to admit I was about as sad as I was happy on this day as my babies are growing up too fast.
Kyle spent the day at preschool. He shared a special birthday snack of candied popcorn with sprinkles with his friends.

That evening, we all went to church for dinner and a special preschool parenting event so we continued our celebration the next day. When Karis came home from school, Kyle opened up his gifts. He didn't even notice that he didn't open any gifts on his birthday. He just enjoyed whatever we did to celebrate his birthday.
When we asked Kyle what he wanted to do for his birthday, he said he wanted just the family at his party. So we had pizza, cake, goodie bags and then watched a Mickey Mouse movie.
When I asked him awhile back what kind of cake he wanted, he replied, "pink!" I kept asking about the cake with hopes that he would change his mind or think of something else. Then one day he started to say he wanted a motorcycle cake. That sounded like a better idea to me! He was so excited for his cake. Look at that silly grin!
He kept touching the motorcycle as we sang Happy Birthday.
Blowing out the candles.
We had a great time celebrating our sweet boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment