Sunday, May 10

Kindergarten Mother's Day Tea

I was invited to my first Mother's Day Tea. Karis was so excited for it and so was I! I took her to school and she dropped me off in the cafeteria. After the announcements, she came back to pick me up and escort me to her classroom. We had breakfast together while enjoying all the gifts she made. 



She painted a pot and planted flowers, made a book about me, drew a flower with petals to describe me and made a poem with her classmates called "I love my Mom." Each day Karis worked on something for the tea, she came  home to tell me what she did. She even checked her answers about my favorite color, food and place to eat. She got the color right, said my favorite food was a hamburger because that's what I ordered the last time we ate at a restaurant, and picked Chik-fil-a as my favorite restaurant since she didn't know the answer and that's her favorite restaurant. 


 It took me two tries to guess which one was my picture. Hint: She knows my favorite color is purple.


Ms. Carlton read a book about a little child asking his momma if she wished he didn't cry so much, get hurt, get scared, etc. The momma said no and assured her child that she loved him just the way he is. Ms. Carlton asked us to tell our child what we wished for our child. My wish was that Karis would stay healthy all her days, for there's nothing I would change about her!

No comments: