Sunday, May 10

Mother's Day


I love being a mom and I couldn't have asked for better kids. They make being a mom fun and fulfilling. I can't believe how big they are getting. Although I post a lot of photos on this blog, I wish I stopped to record all the small daily things that make me laugh and fill my heart. 

Karis is maturing so much. She has come out of her shell (and still continues to do so). For those that don't see her on a regular basis, they see her as shy, but at home she's posing in front of the mirror or admiring all the silly faces she can make. She loves to dance around and be the center of attention. I love the way she shrugs her shoulders and puts her hand to her mouth as she's telling me something funny that happened at school. I love talking to her and getting a glimpse of her heart. 

Makena has become her own person instead of just copying Karis. She is silly and sweet and acts before she thinks. She has the biggest heart for her little brother and the dog -- she cares for them deeply. She chooses the strangest words, in the craziest order, when talking to me. I have the hardest time trying to understand her. It frustrates me on some days and some days, I just look at her and think she is the cutest thing in the whole-wide world! I love when she gives me a hug and tells me, "You're the best mother I ever had."

I'm having a hard time letting Kyle grow up because to me that means no more babies and toddlers in our home. He's still in his crib and I'm okay with that. We're waiting for a friend to give us her son's car bed. I told her no rush! He has just shown signs of being ready to be potty-trained, but I keep asking myself if I'm ready for it.  I love the way he calls his blanket "blank-blank" and cantaloupe "cantaloop", the way he says "o-tay", and when he says, "That feels better." when I scratch his back. I love that he lets me hug him and cuddle him and tickle him. He has the best giggles. 

Karis spent so much time making me cards for Mother's Day. She made two and couldn't decide which one to give me. She decided to give me one on the day of the Mother's Day Tea and one on Mother's Day. Makena sat down several times to make me a card but always ended up making something for Daddy instead! 


No comments: