Monday, October 7

Pre-School/K Update

The kids have completed three weeks of preschool. Everyone is loving it! 

For the first couple of weeks, Makena was a little hesitant about going to preschool because she wasn't sure she would have the same teachers. At Sunday school, the parents rotate each week for the first hour. She doesn't like going to class when she's not fond of the parents. But now that she finally gets it that she has the same teachers every time, she's excited to go. There is usually one or two kids crying in her class after drop-off. I'm so thankful that Makena is not one of them. She's doing great! 

Makena enjoys learning Spanish and new songs. She also likes playing with her friend Annabelle. Annabelle is Makena's first friend. They are not in the same class but they play together during recess. Here is a picture of them from this past January. 


Karis loves going to pre-K but she always walks in a little slowly and sometimes runs to me to give me a last minute hug. I asked her about it and she said she feels shy when she first gets there. I guess she's past the stage when she loved meeting people and fearless when she walked into a room. 

Karis' favorite part of the day is circle time where they sing songs together. She of course loves working on art projects as well. Every Wednesday, they have Show and Tell and they get to bring something that starts with the letter they are working on. It's fun to talk with her about what she can bring and come up with something together. 

I love talking to the girls about their time at school and hearing about what they learned.  Here is a video of them reciting their memory verse. 



When I drop off Kyle, the teacher says, "Hi Kyle. All your friends are here. Hey everyone! Kyle is here!" It's really cute. I love the little craft projects they do. When they were learning about creation and how God made the trees and plants, Kyle got to stuff twigs and leaves into an empty water bottle (compared to Karis who learned the process of planting and growing seeds =)) Thankfully Kyle takes a nap each time but he definitely needs to go to bed earlier on school days. 

Last week, he woke up one night at 2 am and didn't go back to sleep until about 3:30 am. Needless to say he was tired that day. He went down for a nap at school and didn't wake up until after I came to pick him up. He slept for about an hour on the floor with all the kids around him playing and while everyone got picked up. The teacher said a kid accidentally dropped a toy on his head at one point and he didn't even stir. 

This is what he looked liked when I came to pick him up. I love how he's covering his ear to block out the noise!

Perhaps the best part of their day is getting to go see Daddy in his office after school.

School's out!
Drawing a few pictures before it's time to go home.

No comments: