Tuesday, September 17

Kyle at 16 Months

 

I just read my blog posts about Karis and Makena at 15 months. It's fun to compare all three of them. Kyle is of course not exactly like either of them, but perhaps a little more like Makena at this age.

Kyle loves to give hugs and kisses. For a gentle little guy, he's very loud. You definitely know when he's not happy. He also knows how to fake cry. So obvious. He just recently started yelling too. Loud shouts for no apparent reason. Here's one of his fake crying moments when I wouldn't give him a cracker. 


He's been enjoying social situations and interacting with people. He likes to wave hello and say "bye!" to people. He'll even blow kisses to some. He'll go up to any guy and give him a high-5, but he picks and chooses which ladies he wants to interact with. Most times he'll hang his head down and avoid eye contact with her. 

He has five teeth with one or two about to come in. He loves to eat and lately has been trying to feed himself. There really isn't anything that I've given him that he doesn't like. Some of his favorites are pasta, yogurt, crackers, avocado and fruit. He'll eat until his belly is about to pop!


Kyle loves to climb on chairs, onto step stools, and up slides. He loves to climb up and sit on the couch to watch a few seconds of TV. I think it makes him feel like a big kid. He's gotten his fair share of boo-boos from falling off things. I don't know if it's because he's a boy or because he's a third child and not watched after as closely as if he was the only or second child. 

   

He loves to go "bye-bye." I used to think that he cried when I left the house because he didn't want me to leave. I soon realized he's just sad that I'm leaving without him. He loves to get in the car and also to go for walks. We used to push him around in the stroller or his car, but lately he loves to walk by himself. Check out what a good time he's having in this photo!


Makena loves to help me take care of him. Whenever she hears him awake in his crib, she'll ask, "Can I go get Kyle?" She'll play with him and toss him a few toys. She'll eventually call out, "Mom, Kyle wants you!" when Kyle is ready to get out. She loves to help me feed Kyle too. She'll buckle him in, give him his tray, fetch his sippy cup from the fridge and give him his food. Such a great helper!


Here is a video of our sweet boy with his loud voice. 

No comments: