When I went back to work after Karis was born, we had numerous daycare providers who were all temporary. It was hard switching to a new person every few months. When Makena was born, a friend of ours told us about Auntie Linda. She was a great fit and started watching the girls when Makena was two months old.
There were so many reasons why she has been a "good fit." We loved that she was consistent and she really wanted to adhere to our rules and ways with the kids. Our kids were always excited that she was coming over. That made it easier for me to leave them in the mornings. Often times before I even left for work, the girls would be snuggled up with her on the couch watching TV or reading books.
She loved on our kids and really cared for them. She treated this "job" as a ministry opportunity and it blessed our family in so many ways. For me personally, I loved talking to her and sharing with her my new mommy struggle of the week. She always assured me that it was "normal" and that I was doing okay. She always offered to help around the house when I was having a busy week or was especially sleep-deprived. I loved coming home from work to happy kids and a tidy house and a clean kitchen.
I wouldn't have worked for as long as I did if we didn't have Auntie Linda watching the kids. We are so thankful for her love and service to us. Our family will miss her terribly!
No comments:
Post a Comment