This was the first Halloween that we carved a pumpkin. I thought the girls would enjoy getting messy to get the seeds out, but they wanted no part it in. They just watched me and told me how yucky it was.
I told Karis to draw me a picture of what she wanted the pumpkin to look like. She came back with a very simple drawing -- triangle eyes and a happy face. I have never carved a pumpkin before, but I was pretty sure I could do that. She was quite pleased with the outcome.
After dinner, the kids got dressed and we headed out into the neighborhood.
Derek and Derek Jr.
Our first stop is always Miss Leslie's house next door.
The Kerrs came by and we hit some more houses together. It was fun for the girls to be together and for us to catch up with our friends.
After their buckets were full (enough) we headed home to give out candy. The girls had just as much fun answering the door, giving out candy and checking out all the costumes.
No comments:
Post a Comment