Sunday, October 21
First Time Eating Rice Cereal
The day after Kyle turned 5-months old, I gave him a taste of rice cereal. He wasn't a fan. He kept making a funny face and it was clear he didn't like it and seemed confused as to what I was doing to him. He only had a few bites. I gave him a little more the next day. He didn't make faces, but I felt like he was eating it as a favor to me. Actually, he kind of was.
I wanted him to start eating solids with hopes that he'd sleep through the night. At 4-months, Karis and Makena were sleeping from 7 pm to 4 am. Kyle is no where near achieving that. He has only been doing one 5 hour stretch from about 8 pm to 1 am. By the time the sun rises, he hasn't even skipped a feeding.
Well, after his first try with rice cereal he slept a little longer. After the second day, he slept even longer and I went to bed earlier. I got a 3-1/2 hour stretch the first night and a 5-hour stretch of sleep the next night. That's huge for me when I'm typically only sleeping 1 or 2 hours at a time. Well, after those 2 days, my plans backfired. Ever since then (the past 4 nights), he's been eating every 3 hours. He even lost that one 5-hour stretch.
Every night I go to bed thinking, maybe tonight's the night. Maybe tonight he'll sleep through the night. I'm still waiting... and hoping... and very tired...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment