Saturday, May 5

A Day at The San Diego Zoo

We took the girls to the zoo today.  They were so excited to see all kinds of animals.  The drive was a little long (about two hours), but we spent almost five hours there.  We met up with Derek's childhood friend and his daughter who live near the zoo.  Afterwards, we went to a Chicago pizza place for dinner.  

I was hesitant to go to the zoo because I thought all the walking was going to put me in labor.  But it actually wasn't that bad.  Derek pushed the loaded double stroller and held the girls when they wanted to be held.  Derek's friend helped out a lot too.  I just wore comfy shoes and carried my big belly and the camera.
Derek and Makena checking out the hippo
A big gorilla standing his ground
Watching the gorillas play
Smile!
Little fuzzy baby ducks
Ready, set, dive!
Watching the zebra
The giraffes
Daddies and daughters
I love seeing things through the eyes of children
Rhino 
Pushing 120 lbs of kids
Makena and her friend, Lily
It was great having Lily with us.  She's seven years old and enjoyed watching after the girls.  Having all three girls with us reminded me of my family and what it must have been like when my parents went out with us.  The age differences were similar with my oldest sister being 7 years older and my middle sister being 11 months older than me.

A skytram ride to end our time at the zoo

No comments: