Karis had her 12 month check-up earlier today. Derek doesn't usually go with us to her check-ups, but he wanted to come with us today. I'm so glad he did! Karis was full of energy. She wouldn't stop moving and kept trying to escape the exam room. She wanted to see what everyone in the office was doing, and also try to find the baby that was crying (she was very concerned). She received two big vaccinations and a finger prick, which did not make her happy. This seemed like the most painful set of vaccinations so far. It was nice to have an extra set of hands (and comforting arms), not to mention help carrying her up and down the stairs to the doctor's office.
To our surprise, Karis is now in the 80th percentile for height. I knew she hit a growth spurt by her eating habits and the fact that we pretty much skipped the 9-12 months clothes in her closet. She has hovered around the 50th percentile up until now. We're curious as to who she gets her height from! She is in the 70th percentile for weight and head circumference. Everything else checked out great!
We grabbed lunch afterwards and then I took Karis home for what should be a good long nap this afternoon (I'm hoping!).
No comments:
Post a Comment