This year, given that Karis is only one years old, we made a very simple cake. We made boxed vanilla cake which she helped me mix. I then made a cream cheese frosting and she helped me put it on top of the cake (for about four seconds and then I took over).
We took the cake to my sister's house for Christmas dinner and enjoyed the cake with everyone. I'm excited to have Karis help me a little more each year and to do something different with each one.



Here are a couple photos of Karis mixing the cake batter. It was a messy job, but someone had to do it.
She couldn't figure out how to use the whisk, so she just put her hands in the bowl.
"mmm, I know this handful of raw eggs, oil and flour is going to be delicious!"
The proud bakers:
Karis dipped her fingers in the cake to "test" it to make sure it was okay for everyone to eat.
Enjoying the fruits of our labor:
1 comment:
I LOVE this! YOu and your baking buddy! SOOOO CUTE!
Post a Comment