Saturday, November 21

What's new...

I noticed we hadn't posted anything in almost two weeks. When I asked Lena "Why?" she answered, "Because we don't have any photos." She clearly likes adding visuals for y'all. I'm okay with simply text. ?What happened to our camera?" you ask. Well, I tried to get a group photo of the Steelers fans that were over to watch the Monday Night game. I used the auto timer and just as I slid into the photo fan, the camera tumbled off the TV and onto the floor. No biggie, Karis drops the camera all the time. Lo and behold the one time I drop it, I bend the telescoping lens. Great! So it went off for repairs. Thankfully, God gave me a wife who gets the best deals. It looks like it'll be repaired for free! Woo hoo!










On other notes, I was called upstairs in a serious tone by Lena recently. She asked me to rid us of a bug that was making noises. Ends up it was water dripping to the floor from the clothes iron that was hanging up high on the back of the door. I wanted to laugh really hard, but I recalled a time I was "attacked" by a spider while in a waiting in hunting blind. That spider was actually a drop of water that had fallen from the ceiling. David loved telling that story about me.

I had a sore throat for three days that is just now going away. It helps that I took a 2-hour nap concurrent with Karis' on Friday. Typically, I have a sore throat for one night and then it turns into a sinus cold. I'm hoping that doesn't happen with this one....

Lena has been a trooper at keeping us on track with cleaning up the new-to-us place. Packing is almost completely done. As is the painting. We (read Lena) still has lots to do for Karis' 1st birthday party. I cannot believe she will be one on Dec 10th. Wow! Wow.

Still praying for an ideal roommate to share this home. Prayers are appreciated.

No comments: