Saturday, November 7

Not All Fluffies Are The Same

Karis' little blankie is affectionately called Fluffy. She has been sleeping with it since she was a few months old. I think she knew who we were referring to when we said "Fluffy" before "Mommy" and "Daddy." She has grown to love this little blue dog. It makes her smile whenever she sees it; it calms her crankiness when she is in the car seat; it lulls her to sleep at nap time and bed time. Whenever she gets a hold of Fluffy, she hugs it, sometimes stuffs its head in her mouth to give it a big smooch and her two fingers always go in her mouth.


When Karis started to take Fluffy out of the crib to play with and when Fluffy started to come along with us on car rides, I knew it was necessary to find a second one lest we lose the original. Derek and I, and even Grandma, spent a lot of time looking for a new Fluffy. We searched local stores and on the Internet, but with no tag, it was hard to find one.

After a couple of months of looking, I was ready to give up. One day I decided to check eBay one more time. To my surprise, I saw a "Fluffy" on sale by a lady who collects lost and hard-to-find lovies. I was shocked and called Derek right away to buy it.

So we were all quite thrilled to know that we had a 2nd Fluffy. It looked just like the original, but with a slightly larger head and softer. We gave it to Karis, but that little buggar won't buy it. She knows it isn't her Fluffy. Here is a video of what she does when she sees the 2nd one, which we now call Fluffier.


So now we're still in the same predicament. If we lose the original Fluffy, we are due for a crisis. We leave Fluffier out for her to play with and I throw it in the wash whenever I do laundry. We're hoping it'll start to grow on her.

2 comments:

juls1974 said...

That is SOOOOO funny!

Marti said...

Never try to fool the baby. LOL. She knows. That is so funny.