Thursday, November 26

Things for which I am thankful...

For the heck of it, I'll share 39 things for which I'm thankful. I am thankful for:
  1. God calling me into relationship with Him.
  2. Choosing to accept that call.
  3. God giving Lena to me to marry.
  4. God giving us a healthy and wonderful and beautiful baby girl.
  5. God providing us with another baby girl due March 26.
  6. My extremely giving mother who has provided and sacrificed so much for me.
  7. My sisters whom I love greatly even if I was a spoiled youngest child.
  8. The work opportunities I have been given throughout my life (desirable and less desirable).
  9. My overall good health.
  10. The 30+ years my brain worked pretty well.
  11. My passion to ride motorcycles.
  12. My desire to put safety first (not only with #11 above).
  13. Never being in any serious accidents (includes #11 above).
  14. My friends. I have great friends. And I have a bunch of them. Thank you all.
  15. Nysha being a Cowboys fan. I logically became a Steelers fan and they have the most Super Bowl Championships of any NFL team. =)
  16. My financial troubles early in life that helped me be much better with them later.
  17. God never leaving me wanting.
  18. Never having to experience poverty firsthand.
  19. Serving the people of both Mendoza and Buenos Aires (Argentina).
  20. Serving the people in Bombo, Uganda.
  21. Being able to live in a nice as well as big home in the community in which serve/work.
  22. The influence my grandparents had on me.
  23. The memories of my dad.
  24. Our big screen TV.
  25. Our big screen TV being HD.
  26. DirecTV's HD signal that is projected on our big screen, HD TV.
  27. My wife who doesn't squelch my passion for motorcycles.
  28. My wife who may even encourage my passion for motorcycles.
  29. My wife who is a far better shopper than me (the deals she gets are unbelievable; and she doesn't have to work at them like I do).
  30. My wife who bakes phenomenal treats.
  31. My wife who also cooks well (and often).
  32. The baked treats in #30 not going directly to fat around my waste.
  33. Living so close to work (so close that I have actually walked home and that I desire to ride my bicycle to work at least once a week).
  34. The way God created my very detail-oriented mind.
  35. The people that can appreciate my detail-oriented mind.
  36. The ways I learn about God's character through being a spouse.
  37. The ways I learn about God's character through being a parent.
  38. That I am still willing to learn.
  39. The cross.

No comments: