A few weeks ago, my friend asked me to join her table for this study specifically for moms of preschoolers. I had to give it some thought because I wanted to make sure I wasn't joining just for the heck of it. I wanted to be certain that 1) this study would be something that I could benefit from at this time in my life and 2) I was going to be fully committed, completing the homework, and attending every week. Participating in this study would also be a sacrifice since Karis would miss her morning nap (as would I) and then I'd have to deal with whatever that would result in for the rest of the day...
Today was the first day and I'm happy to say that I'm glad I joined. I'm in a great group of women with whom I'm looking forward to getting to know better.
During the time of worship, I looked around and saw so many mothers. And for the first time, I realized, "Wow, God really loves mothers." He delights in us. He created each of us for this role and He knows the importance, the value and the difficulties of being a mom. I was so overwhelmed by this realization and felt so loved in that moment.
My husband appreciates me and often verbalizes his gratitude for the things I do for our family. He even helps Karis to say thank you every once in awhile! It feels good to hear those things. It's also fun to banter back and forth with my mommy friends about motherhood and what our little ones are doing. But I have to say that nothing compares to the feeling of being completely loved and understood as a mother from our Heavenly Father. He knows the constant stream of thoughts that run through my head every day about my child. He knows my heart for my family. He knows my desires and intentions. He knows the tiredness of my mind and body. He knows how much it takes sometimes to do the simplest task. He knows each time I put my self aside. He knows. And He understands. And He loves us completely.
I have never felt as important and valued as I did today in my role as a mother. I hope I never forget that.
3 comments:
I love this! I love that you feel valued as the great mother you are! So happy to be in this small group with you!
Lena...this was so genuine and I thank you for sharing your heart with us. I am privileged to be walking this journey of motherhood alongside you. Thank you for this post because it helped put into words what I experience and feel often and how the Lord sees me and what He calls me to. Can't wait for me of these posts. ;) Love you!
lena, this is my first time visiting your blog (just noticed it on your Facebook profile). i'm so glad i stopped by and read this post. brought me to tears b/c i so agree... the journey of motherhood is not an easy one... but definitey one filled with happy tears! thank you for reninding me that God knows & understands. love you & miss you guys!
Post a Comment