Monday, February 16

Blessed By Friends

Derek and I typically don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day. We agreed that it feels a little forced and way too Hallmark-y. We typically find ways to serve others on that day. This year was different. Our friends around us know how crazy life has gotten since we became a family of three, and moreso in the month of February.

In the beginning of February, I went back to work part-time. I am working 30 hours a week this month. It wouldn’t be so bad if I was getting more than 2 hours of sleep at a time! I’ve been doing three 10-hour days. Any day without at least one 20-minute nap is pretty tough! 

Since we couldn’t find daycare for Karis this month, Derek and my sister have been watching her while I'm at work. Derek has been working four long work days so that he can get an extra day off.  He watches Karis two days a week while my sister from LA comes to watch her the third day.  

Derek also started his seminary class. His classes go well into the evening on Tuesdays and it’s crazy how many assignments, tests/quizzes, and papers are required of him.

All that said, it was such a blessing when our friends offered to watch Karis so we could go out. How could we say no? On Friday night, we went out for late night appetizers and desserts. We got a chance to spend some uninterrupted time together and talk about more than just “How was your day?” and “Quick, get me a burp cloth. She spit up.” On Saturday, another couple watched Karis while we went to see a movie and grabbed lunch. It was great! Thank you friends! We appreciate you! 

No comments: