I did it! I worked 30 hours for 1 month with a newborn who doesn't yet sleep through the night. I wasn't sure I could do it at times. My patience was definitely tested and some days were a total blur. I'm thankful God gave me the strength and energy when I needed it most. I'm also thankful that I have a great husband and partner who loves taking care of Karis.
My days off have been busy trying to get household chores done. No matter how much I get done in a day, I feel like there's so much more to do! As you can see in the picture, I took Karis with me to get the laundry today. I could have left her in the apartment, but it was such a nice day and she loves being outside. She seemed pretty content on top of the pile of clothes.
Starting next week I'll only be working 20 hours a week. Piece of cake! =) Karis has been sleeping more at night the past several days. I've been getting a stretch of 4-5 hours of sleep a night and that has made a huge difference!
Karis continues to bless us with lots of smiles each day. She loves to watch us talk to her and tries to do the same back. She is quickly outgrowing lots of her clothes and will soon move up one size bigger. We are continually thankful for our beautiful, healthy baby girl who brings us so much joy, love and laughter.
1 comment:
And a big sister that loves to take care of Karis too!
Post a Comment