
As a kid (or as an adult), have you ever laughed so hard that milk came out your nose (or soda)?
We discovered Karis' first "talent" Sat night after leaving her cousin's party when we stopped at a co-worker's house to drop off a key (Leo is great for covering for me while I'm out). We carried her in her car seat covered with a blanket as we're moving into winter in California (50s-60s). We got her inside their place... set her seat up on the counter for the best viewing... started the drum roll and revealed Karis. Ta dah! Oh wait! Let me conceal her again as she had a stream of breast milk from her nose down her cheek. We got a quick laugh. Then later as we were placing her in the car seat to leave, I bent her legs to get her in and she shot more milk out both nostrils! For a moment, I actually thought her legs were functioning as a milk pump. Scary site, but it doesn't seem to bother her much. No crying.
Talent #2 is something that daddy first experienced. It was Sunday early morning. After I set her down in the crib, she looked as if she was going to stretch and yawn. There were facial expressions and arm movements... but no yawn. I quickly jumped in on the opportunity to shadow box with her. Then it turned into more of martial arts thing (her more than me) and she was blocking my strikes with some nice defensive arm movements that even Uncle Marzano would applaud. She kept up the facial gestures without crying or stopping to yawn. I was digging it. We had another brief stint of play fighting later. =)
2 comments:
Derek and Lena,
I check your blog on John's laptop from time to time and he told me the other day you guys had the baby, so I had to pop in and see her. Congratulations! She is beautiful! And what a LOVELY name! I didn't have a chance to read the last few posts, just the one about her arrival, but it looks like you guys are doing well so that's wonderful. Congratulations again. She is an adorable little blessing.
Take care,
Heather Pastore
WOW....your baby is so beautiful!!! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!
StevieK
Post a Comment