Monday, September 1

A Labor Day Celebration

We just got back from our friends' wedding. The service was worshipful, fun and touching. Derek got to know the bride and groom, Nicole and Steve, during his internship at Saddleback. Derek served in the Singles Ministry with Nicole. I started getting to know Steve when he became the MC for our wedding reception (he did a great job!). Nicole has been my hairdresser for more than two years. I always love a good haircut, but moreso spending that one hour with her in fellowship. We went to Steve's house for dinner one night when they first started dating. It was neat to hear what he was going through when he first became interested in her to now celebrating with them at their wedding.

For me, I enjoy weddings not only as a time to celebrate with friends, but also because they're a reminder of the vows we took and the biblical view of marriage. I loved how Pastor Rick prayed at the reception not only for the bride and groom, but for all the married couples in attendance.

With 500+ people, the reception was an opportunity for us to hang out with people we hadn't seen in awhile. We had a great time and I think the couple did a fabulous job creating a really nice and personal wedding. I had the pleasure of making them their wedding cake. It kept me busy all weekend, but I enjoyed making it for them. Here are a few pics from the evening:

Pastor Rick giving Steve a high-5 after seeing Nicole come down the aisle.


One of the many funny moments.


Mr. & Mrs. Steve Komanapalli


The wedding cake


Some friends from the Singles Ministry we haven't seen in awhile


Derek and I

2 comments:

John M Sider said...

What a handsome couple! I like the bump and the smile on Daddy's face! The cake looks amazing!!! I hope they were happy with it. I would have wanted that at my wedding. Were those real flowers? -Patty

Danielle said...

Hi Lena,

I saw your bloglink from Facebook - so I decided to drop by.

I saw some of the wedding photos on Tina's blog as well - oh my, what a fun time that must have been. What a celebration!!

I know some of those happy faces in the pics! Glad you all had a wonderful time! God is good!

Hope alls well with you and Derek and that the pregnancy is going smoothly!

Danielle