
Twizzlers... I think this is the best-tasting brand of licorice. Red Vines have nothing over Twizzlers.
Flavors
- Strawberry - the best for mass consumption. It tastes good and doesn't grow old.
- Cherry - never tried it. And I think this was the orginal. I don't recall seeing it in the stores. Strawberry seems to be quite abundant.
- Chocolate - the best in small amounts sporadically eaten. It can get overwhelming if you eat it three days in a row during a camping trip. (If going on a camping trip, see #1)
- Fire - this is a new one I saw during a recent grocery store trip. The taste is, as Hell's Kitchen Chef Gordon Ramsey would say, "spot on!" I love spicy hot food. Not mustard wasabi horseradish-based-hot, but spicy hot flavor. It is the texture that doesn't do it for me. It is comprised of several strands of licorice (remniscent of the licorice rope). It is maybe a bit too soft to chew (gets caught in my teeth). There is just something I like better about the bite into a Strawberry Twizzler (see #1). Is it because it is slightly stiffer? More waxy? I cannot describe it. And I do not prefer to pull my licorice apart as if it is string cheese. I'll stick with Hot Tamales, thanks!
- Derek
No comments:
Post a Comment