Tuesday, September 2

Baby Bump Progress

I had plans to keep a picture progress of my growing baby bump but never actually got around to it. I'm now at 6 months! I actually have very few pics of myself pregnant, nontheless a profile picture for each month. Below is a photo we took at the wedding. I had to place my hand in a strategic place so that you could actually see the bump. Don't get me wrong, the bump is big and growing, but the dress hides it well. I think people could only tell I was pregnant if I was walking and the dress pressed up against me. I met one woman at the wedding. When I told her we've been married for a little more than two years, she asked if we had any plans of starting a family soon.

As for the baby, she is (in the words of babycenter.com) just over a pound and about a foot long from head to toe. Her brain is growing quickly and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent.

She seems pretty strong...or hyperactive. I'm hoping she's just strong. Derek says it feels like she's trying to bust out of my belly. I picture her body slamming up against the walls that surround her. I definitely don't feel just a little foot or hand. It's crazy to see my belly shake and move when she's active.

We can't seem to agree on any names yet. For now, she's our "baby girl."


~ Lena

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love the picture, you two are so cute! I always get my updates from babycenter too but it drives me nuts they always put "him" into the wording and I have to change it. haha I am so lame!