Saturday, September 13

Playing nice

Okay, we're having iBook battery issues. It is good for less than 1hr. No warning from 50% to 0% and it just shuts down. That being said, this is a 2nd attempt to type this. I have less creativity and patience to write it again.

So I was observing my wife and our friend Stacy playing nice while divvying up some donated baby clothes. They had a huge pile between them. One at a time, she would pick up an outfit, hold it high for both to see, each would comment, then as she was folding it she would place it in her "to keep" or "not to keep" pile. It was amazing!

I was wondering what it would be like if I were to be sorting though say gift cards to food joints with a guy friend. First, I don't think there would be such a situation as I'd likely go through a stack myself and then say, "Here, you want these [scraps]?" But if we were to sit down together, I think it'd go something like this....

I would be frantically searching for the best food places. If I were to be questioned when grabbing a favorite, I'd say something like, "Oh, you're allergic to the food they serve here." Or, "Yeah, this would be too spicy for you." And when we'd both grab a mutually enjoyable one, we'd resort to arm wrestling or some type of video game competition to earn the right to keep it. Overall, nothing like what I witnessed.

I think I should learn something from witnessing that interaction between Lena and Stacy, but I'm still simply amazed.

No comments: