The girls have been in school for two weeks and I definitely enjoyed my fun, low-key little buddy all to myself. But the last couple days, I have to admit, I was a little excited for Kyle to start school. My list of "things to do when the kids go to school" was getting long and I was eager to get them done (projects around the house, stores where I want to shop alone, etc).
I couldn't tell if Kyle was excited to go to school. Summer was a long time for a little three year old and preschool as a two year old was only a distant, fuzzy memory. He goes to school at our church so half the time I don't think he even knows if he's going to church or school!
When I was getting him ready for his First Day of School picture, he started to get sad and said he didn't want to go. In the sweetest little voice, he asked, "Mommy, are you going to stay with me?" I almost started to cry! I knew he would enjoy school but I could feel his uncertainty and nervousness. He loved the cars on his picture I made, so he cheered right up and happily let me take a picture of him...of course, with cars in hand. Perfect.
He wanted to walk to school (just like sisters), but I convinced him we best take the car.
When we arrived at school, he wanted to see Daddy first. When he saw Daddy and all the other kids arriving, there was nothing but excitement.
He wanted to carry his own backpack (something he never did last year) and told me he'd show me where his class was. He walked right in and got busy playing at one of the tables. He had a great first day!
The next day he was the line leader and he had an even better day! His teachers are super sweet. One of his teachers taught both of our girls as well. We are excited for how much he's going to grow and learn this year. Such a big boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment