I took Makena and Kyle to their regular dentist check-up after school on Monday. Makena is an old pro and she did great. No cavities! The last time Kyle visited the dentist, they counted his teeth and brushed them with a regular toothbrush. He cried and cried and cried.
This visit was his first real check-up with X-rays and teeth cleaning. I wasn't sure how he was going to do, but we talked about the hand stamp and balloon animal he would get if he did a good job.
I loved watching him on that big Xray chair! He was so cute and so good. He did everything he was told to do, even when those uncomfortable plastic cards were being shoved in his mouth. He even had to take two additional ones since he must have moved the first time around. He got a well-deserved hand stamp after it was done. He's been getting hand stamps at preschool so he was pretty excited to get another one.
Next was the teeth cleaning. He was nervous so I laid on the chair with him (thanks Makena for playing with my phone and taking a picture!). He again did great and let the hygienist clean his teeth. No tears! It definitely helped that he watched Makena do everything first.
Both kiddos got a balloon animal and then we were all done. We went to pick up Karis from a friend's house and Kyle fell asleep on the way. He had a full day!
No comments:
Post a Comment