Aside from becoming a big sister, Karis has been quite busy these days. She is non-stop all day long. She loves to be outside, either in her stroller where she watches for birds and airplanes, or exploring on her own. She loves the playground where she goes down the slide by herself, plays in the sand, and follows other kids around.
Inside, she likes to climb on furniture, read books, and learn new songs. She is learning her body parts with the song "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes."
She continues to enjoy meeting new people either at the house or out in public. She is fearless when it comes to people and being in new surroundings. Everything is an exciting opportunity!
She has been testing her limits and gets so frustrated when she doesn't get her way.
She has dropped her morning naps and is now only taking one nap per day.
Here are a few other things she's been doing lately:
She's been pretty good about playing by herself. One thing she does is carry around and play with her stuffed animals. She also takes her stuffed dogs for walks around the house.


She likes to put on big people shoes.
She also tries to dress herself and put on her own socks and shoes.


She has become pretty good with using a fork and spoon to feed herself.



Flip books are her favorite books to read.
She now enjoys taking showers more than baths.
And lastly, she loves to play with Sierra. She likes getting her face licked and going outside to give the dog her tennis ball. Unfortunately, she also likes to play in the dog's large water bowl.
I am loving this stage that Karis is in. I love how she understands more and more things each day. Just today, I put Makena in the car. Karis was upstairs so I stepped in the house and called for Karis to come down. I continued to pack the car and out comes Karis with a shoe in each hand, ready to go "bye-bye."
I thought I would be sad to see her grow up and no longer be a baby, but surprisingly I can't wait for to become a little girl!
1 comment:
Karis seems like such a joy. You are doing a great job documenting these precious days, Lena
Post a Comment