Sunday, June 27

Update on the Sisterhood

If you see Makena...

Karis is never too far away. She's either burping her:

Or, shoving... I mean, giving her a bottle:
Sometimes she's giving her a hug:

...or a kiss on the head:

And her newest thing is brushing her hair (with a toothbrush):And Makena just takes it all in.

The only frustrating part is when I'm trying to put Makena down for a nap. Karis wants to come with me to her room and she makes a lot of noise. It's not too conducive for Makena to fall asleep. If I tell her she has to leave the room, she'll fall to the ground and cry. If I take her out of the room and close the door, she'll lay on the ground outside the door and cry and she's just as loud as if she was inside the room. I try to sneak away to put Makena down or I'll tell Karis "I'll be right back; I'm going to put Makena in the crib." She seems to now understand that that means if she lets me do that, then I'll come back downstairs and [finally] get to play with her.

Karis is still having a hard time learning to share mommy, but she has been nicer to Makena. She still occasionally hits her (often at the end of the day when she's just about had it with me holding her) but now she'll give her things and turn the music on for Makena when she is sitting in the bouncer. It's a start.

1 comment:

juls1974 said...

They are adorable!