I know there will be plenty of quarrels between Karis and Makena about sharing, so today I tried to teach Karis how to share things with her little sister. Makena sat happily in the bouncer and I brought over a small basket filled with little rattles. I put one in Makena's hand and immediately Karis wanted to have it. I took another one out and gave it to Makena and Karis wanted that one too. I explained how she had to share and they needed to take turns. She wasn't getting it. She wanted all the toys. Soon, Makena had nothing to play with.
I asked Karis, "What can Makena play with?" Karis then went to the little wastebasket with dirty diapers and tried to lift it up. I asked her, "Is that for Makena to play with?" She nodded yes.
I think we'll need a few more days to learn what it means to share...
No comments:
Post a Comment