Sunday, April 11

Sisters

I would like to say that this photo represents how my girls are when they are together:



But in reality... it's more like this:


Makena doesn't cry often, but when her sister is around, that all changes. We're still trying to show Karis how to be gentle and teach her that hitting her sister is not okay.

The first few days we brought Makena home, Karis showed very little interest in her. After a few days, she was more curious and aware of her presence. Now Karis loves to run into Makena's room to see her. The first thing she'll do is squeal in delight then kiss her on the head. She'll then pat her head a couple times and before you know it she'll give a big 'ole smack on the head. Karis also likes to point/jab at parts of her face and most recently, she likes to hold her on her lap.

When I nurse Makena, Karis stays close by and hardly ever leaves the room. As much as I try to protect Makena, she often gets a beating while nursing. Juggling two young ones every day keeps me busy, but it has been surprisingly easier (not easy) than I anticipated. I'll have to share those thoughts in a later post.

No comments: