Friday, October 9

My favorite stage thus far...

(From Derek) I'm really enjoying this 10-month age. Karis is now walking. She's very expressive. She has great facial expressions and she makes animated movements and gestures similar to us. She kinda waves. She bounces with excitement while holding onto us. She likes falling into me. She has an intoxicating two-tooth smile.

She's not an expert walker yet... far from it. She can take 3-4 steps... she can stop and restart. She uses objects and stepping stones to get to things (more about this in a bit). She's still an extremely quick crawler. If there were races, I'd enter her in a heartbeat. But she is walking nonetheless. And she did it while Grandma Robinson was visiting. Yay!

She's very intelligent. She observes like a hawk not missing even a single small detail. She picks up quickly on how her parents close the baby gate, where we place the keys, etc. She's very persistent (read: "doesn't understand 'no'"). She's quite determined.

I love my daughter.

Oh, yes, I almost forgot. She has a green thumb. She really likes plants. I caught her on her tippy toes examining a plant leaf up close... too close.











































She had dirt in her ears, on her face, in her mouth, down her diaper, on her eyelids... oh it was a sight!

And I remember the days when she despised being in her carseat. Crying nearly as soon as we set her in it. But, now, she voluntarily crawls into it to play. Go figure!

No comments: