Saturday, March 7

Morning Story Time

Some mornings are pretty rough for me. Karis has been sleeping for an extended amount of time at night. However, after her first feeding in the middle of the night, she wakes up every two hours. I think she's trying to catch up on the feedings she skipped. When she does, that leaves me taking a few one hour "naps." It's brutal, especially in the early morning when my body just wants to be in a deep slumber.

Nights when Karis doesn't wake up at regular intervals can also leave me hurting in the morning.  I'm not sure which of the two it was this one day, but Derek had some time in the morning before heading to the office.  He gladly took Karis from me so that I could try and get a little more sleep.  I couldn't fall back to sleep so I came out of the room to see what they were up to...it was awfully quiet. To my pleasant surprise, Derek was reading Karis a Bible story on our bed (and she was loving it!).  It was very sweet!


No comments: