Friday, January 9

Spousal envy...

Lena had finished feeding Karis and she was still upset. I heard her crying and, denying the many failed attempts to calm her that were swirling in my mind, I decided to go and "save" Lena.

Lena gave me a strange look... and rightfully so. When have I ever succeeded in calming Karis? Wasn't it I - who would give up after trying all types of methods and holding Karis just like Lena does - that would hand Karis over to Lena and watch her do the exact same thing I had done but with painfully (for Derek) good results? [Yes, it always befuddles me. But, Lena does spend far more time with Karis. She is the sole provider of her food (although we just started with bottles). She has a more ergonomically desirable body for a baby. And, she has the mother's touch. Why should I care that I'm 0 for infinity for calming Karis.] With my horrible record, I understand Lena's disposition.

Today was my day. I don't know how... I don't know why... but I DID IT!!!!! Praise God. One time, that's all I need to keep me going for the time being.

No comments: