This handsome boy is in PreK! Since we left our old church, Kyle is starting preschool at a new school. He wasn't too excited over the summer to start at a new school, but after we toured it and then he spent two days at the school while I had teacher meetings, he was pretty excited for the first day. It also helped that his sisters started school two weeks ago, and he's been pretty bored at home!
Kyle wanted to color the flags on his "first day of school" sign. When he gave me his sign back, he had drawn trees and a whole bunch of people on it. I loved it! It'll remind me of how he's been drawing a lot lately as it's one of his favorite things to do.
Daddy brought him to school and helped him learn the drop-off routine. First thing was to hang up his backpack.

He unpacked his lunch box and water bottle and put it in the designated spot by the door. (Side note: the little boy next to him is Grahm. Kyle says whenever he hears his name, he wants to eat a graham cracker.)

After Kyle dropped off his things, he went straight into the classroom. Derek and I just looked at each other because we wanted a hug good-bye...or at least a wave. I called him back so I could at least get a picture of him with his teacher. He loves Mrs. Marsha!

We both had a great first day! I am at the school three days a week as the Toddler and 2-Year Old Teacher Aid. We are looking forward to this school year!

On the second day of school, Kyle was just as excited to go to school. He was so happy and giggly when I picked him up at the end of the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment