Wednesday, July 1

Summer Rewards

The girls have been reading this summer. They are earning stickers for each book they read, which they can turn in for money. Karis learned how to read last summer by doing this since she is very motivated by money. She begged to read every day. Money does not motivate Makena as much so it's been a little slower for her this summer. But they have both earned one toy each so far!

When we started this, Makena told Kyle that he needed to write his name and practice using scissors so he could get a new Mickey Mouse toy (something she decided, not me). A couple weeks went by and Kyle asked where his new Mickey Mouse toy was. He didn't understand that he had to earn it...or so I thought. 

I guess he got tired of waiting for his new toy, so one day he came to me with an alphabet workbook and told me he was going to do it so he could get an Octonaut toy.
I thought it was cute and didn't pay much attention to him. Little did I know, he would sit at the table and go page-by-page and trace all the letters. The boy was determined!



I had never seen him sit and do one thing for so long!


It was the cutest thing! He soon said he was tired but kept on doing it. He made it through the whole book! Of course, Makena was encouraging him along the way as she always does.


After he finished the book, we went to the toy store to get him the toy he wanted. How could I not?!

No comments: