The time has come when Makena is going to stop taking naps. She only takes a couple every week now. She will stop taking naps at a slightly younger age than Karis which surprises me. Makena has always needed more sleep than Karis and usually takes pretty long naps.
It'll actually make bedtime easier when Makena stops taking naps. She's not tired at bedtime on days she takes naps and then comes out of her room a lot after we put her down. This keeps Karis up and keeps her from falling asleep.
I can usually tell on the days when Makena is going to need a nap. Half the time she obliges and goes to her room to lie down. But sometimes she pushes back and it's pretty funny. In a whiney voice she tells me, "I've taken lots of naps already." Or the other day when she was losing the argument, she turned and marched to her room saying "I'm going to take three more naps and THAT'S IT!"

No comments:
Post a Comment