Karis was so excited to celebrate Makena's birthday. She came up with lots of ideas for her party. She also drew cards and pictures for Makena and tried to find something to give to her (even though she knows we go to the store to buy presents, she likes to find things of hers to give to others).
She made a card and planned to give her Fluffy. Then she made a card and taped a bracelet and other small toys to it. I finally offered to take her to the store so she could pick out a gift. We went to Michael's and looked around. I made a few suggestions, but she didn't like any of them. She then found a soft, stuffed, purple unicorn in a bin of stuffed animals. She found the perfect gift! She proudly carried it around the store. She knew Makena would love it.
Makena was so excited when she woke up on her birthday. "Am I four today?" she asked excitedly. She put on a dress and ate some chocolate chip pancakes.
She then opened up her gift from Karis. I should have videotaped it rather than take pictures. I hope I captured the sentiment through the next few photos.
Karis loved seeing Makena open her gift. And she was right, she loved it. After breakfast, it was off to church where she would tell all her friends and teachers that she's four years old!
No comments:
Post a Comment